Forth и другие саморасширяющиеся системы программирования Locations of visitors to this page
Текущее время: Чт мар 28, 2024 18:02

Google Search
Forth-FAQ Spy Grafic

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 37 ]  На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: off-topic: "Hunter Killer" movie
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн дек 03, 2018 05:34 

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.
KPG писал(а):
HughAguilar писал(а):
Only the Russian gang featured prominently though.

Again biased and unverified information? (Maybe "controlled" crime, corruption)

Unverified information? You do understand that Hollywood movies are fiction, right? They don't normally contain any verified information.

You guys worry too much that American movies are representing Russia badly.
The Purge movies were not anti-Russian.
The Purge movies were a caricature of what is bad in America. They showed rich people hating poor people and wanting to kill the poor people. There is a lot of that attitude in America.

Anyway, because you are being sensitive about Russia being misrepresented in Hollywood movies, lets drop the subject of movies --- get back to discussing Forth programming again. :)

Профиль Отправить личное сообщение  
Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт дек 28, 2018 08:00 

Here is another off-topic question:
Does Russia still use the 7.62x54 Dragunov rifle?
Is it legal for Russian citizens to own guns?

I have seen Russian-surplus Dragunov rifles in gun-stores here in America for as little as $150. They are supposed to be pretty accurate. Russian ammunition may be difficult to find though.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт дек 28, 2018 20:02 
Administrator
Administrator

Благодарил (а): 25 раз.
HughAguilar писал(а):

From Internet, it is used widely not in the Russia only.
HughAguilar писал(а):

For hunting purposes only. Dragunov rifle has such version.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб дек 29, 2018 05:55 

Hishnik писал(а):
HughAguilar писал(а):

From Internet, it is used widely not in the Russia only.
HughAguilar писал(а):

For hunting purposes only. Dragunov rifle has such version.

Are citizens allowed to keep guns in their homes?
I read that in Russia a person can own a hunting rifle, but has to turn it in to the authorities. He only gets to hold it in his hands when he actually goes hunting, and he is supervised to make sure that he doesn't use it for a crime.

I was mistaken when I said that a Dragunov could be had for $150 --- I was thinking of the Mosin-Nagant that also uses the 7.62x54 --- a Dragunov is not usually going to be available, and if it is available it is going to be expensive.

Gun laws in America vary from state to state. In some states, such as California, it is illegal for almost everybody to own a gun. In other states, such as Arizona, it is generally legal to own a gun. When I worked as a taxicab driver, I carried a snub-nose revolver for personal protection --- taxicab driving is one of the most dangerous jobs in regard to robbery.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб дек 29, 2018 17:45 
Administrator
Administrator

HughAguilar писал(а):
Are citizens allowed to keep guns in their homes?
I read that in Russia a person can own a hunting rifle, but has to turn it in to the authorities. He only gets to hold it in his hands when he actually goes hunting, and he is supervised to make sure that he doesn't use it for a crime.

Exactly. Plus you need to have hunter's license first.

HughAguilar писал(а):
In other states, such as Arizona, it is generally legal to own a gun. When I worked as a taxicab driver, I carried a snub-nose revolver for personal protection --- taxicab driving is one of the most dangerous jobs in regard to robbery.

Well, sounds not good.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн дек 31, 2018 07:20 

Hishnik писал(а):
HughAguilar писал(а):
In other states, such as Arizona, it is generally legal to own a gun. When I worked as a taxicab driver, I carried a snub-nose revolver for personal protection --- taxicab driving is one of the most dangerous jobs in regard to robbery.

Well, sounds not good.

Well, any job in which you need to carry a gun, is not a good job. :shock:
I was making money at it, but if I get my throat slit then all the money in the world is not going to be worth anything to me.
Later on, the cab-company went out of business due to bad management, and I didn't jump to any other cab company. I found work as a plumber instead.

In America we now have Uber and Lyft that are undermining the taxicab business, so there is not much money to be made anymore. Uber and Lyft are safer because all the rides are paid with credit-card, so you don't have to carry cash, so you aren't a target for robbery.
I remember when I was cab-driving in Denver on New Years Eve, I had over $700 in my pocket --- that really makes me a target --- requiring the use of credit cards makes the job safer.
The downside of credit cards though, is that records are kept in regard to how much money you make, so the IRS can tax you on your profit --- so you either get robbed by a criminal with a knife, or you get robbed by the IRS which is also a criminal organization in my opinion.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year --- I don't know if Russians celebrate these holidays though.

It makes me sad that nobody is interested in my STRING-STACK.4TH or any of my other Forth code.
Nobody is interested in establishing a Forth standard that would allow us to have code-libraries so programs could be written quickly and would be portable between different Forth systems.
The situation today is not improved from the situation in 1994 when I wrote MFX for the MiniForth processor.
The situation is worse now, because in the late 1980s there were hundreds (maybe thousands) of Forth programmers and Forth was considered to be a serious contender against C --- now there are less than 20 Forth programmers on the planet --- people go to college and become professional programmers, and they never hear about Forth at all, of if they do hear about it they are told that it is a joke.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн дек 31, 2018 18:44 
Administrator
Administrator

HughAguilar писал(а):
wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year --- I don't know if Russians celebrate these holidays though.

Thank you! New Year in Russia celebrating by almost all people. This is a date of summarizing previous year and plans for a future.

HughAguilar писал(а):
It makes me sad that nobody is interested in my STRING-STACK.4TH or any of my other Forth code.

Be optimistic! :) One library is not important, movement is valuable.

HughAguilar писал(а):
now there are less than 20 Forth programmers on the planet --- people go to college and become professional programmers, and they never hear about Forth at all, of if they do hear about it they are told that it is a joke.

We can count even forthers on this site, I think more than 20. Around me I can count at least 5 active programers. Looking at Forth as at aprroach to code organization, not as a 'pure' language, we can use it widely and start from adding portions of Forth-like code.

Ответить с цитатой  
Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 37 ]  На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]